10:00 AM - Noon | 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Submitting a permit application requires Check-In with an Inspector - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - Call Katie or Hilary to schedule.
Drop-off of payments, revised plans, insurance ONLY.
Pick-up of permits, when notified by an Inspector.
What to Expect
- Permit applications will be checked-in with a Building Inspector for completeness.
ONLY COMPLETE applications will be received by the office.
The Building Department reviews plans, issues permits and provides inspections for the following types of construction:
- Blasting and demolition activities
- Commercial buildings
- New constructions, alterations, repair, renovations, reconstruction, building relocation, and changes in occupancy
- Plumbing installations, septic systems
- Signs, swimming pools, sheds, decks
- Single and multi-family residences and additions
Effective May 12, 2020 the NYS Uniform Code and NYS Energy Code will be updated to the 2020 version.
The State has provided NO transition period for this code change.
The effective date will not change as a result of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
Applications postmarked or accepted on or after May 12, 2020 must comply with the 2020 NYS Code books. Incomplete or inadequate applications will cause delays.
For more information, please visit the Department of State website: