The Saratoga Springs Office of Community Development works to advance the City Council's goals of increasing access to affordable housing, improving the living environment, and expanding economic opportunities for persons of low and moderate income.
The Office of Community Development was created in 1975 to implement City programs funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Since qualifying for Entitlement Grant funds in 1994, the city has utilized these dollars to develop affordable housing, establish residential rehabilitation grant and loan programs, provide funding for public improvement projects in low and moderate income areas of the city, and support a host of legal, education and outreach programs for low and moderate income residents.
Residential Rehabilitation ProgramThe City offers grants to to low to moderate income City homeowners for home repairs. Please see program page here for more information.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding Applications
Applications are available during the month of December to those interested in applying to the City of Saratoga Springs for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Entitlement Funds for each program year (July 1 – June 30). These funds are designed to assist activities that address community development needs as prioritized in the city’s Consolidated Plan, and that benefit persons of low and moderate income. Eligible activities may include job creation; affordable housing acquisition, construction and rehabilitation; infrastructure improvements; and other federally eligible activities.
The 2018 Entitlement Grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development is approximately $299,775. The due date for 2018 application submissions has passed. Submissions currently under review are available to the public below.
- AIM, Inc. Services Employee Training Program
- Big Brother Big Sister Mentoring Program
- Catholic Charities Mentoring Program
- City Community Development Administration
- City Residential Rehabilitation
- Community Health Center Expansion
- Economic Opportunity Council Soup Kitchen Staff
- Legal Aid Homelessness Prevention Program
- Legal Aid Society Right Place Project
- Mother Anderson Boiler/Furnace
- Mother Anderson Case Manager
- Rebuilding Together Rehabilitation Projects
- Recreation Department Camp Saradac Scholarships
- Saratoga Affordable Housing Group Allen Drive Rehabilitation
- Saratoga Affordable Housing Group Case Manager
- Saratoga Senior Center Siding
- Shelters of Saratoga Code Blue Staff
- Wellspring Shelter Manager