Your ability to utilize the City of Saratoga Springs’ owned and/or maintained web and/or social media sites (“this site”) is dependent upon your agreement to these terms:
- You agree that you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of this site by hacking, sending viruses, or any other similar malicious or careless conduct.
- You agree that you will not utilize the communication methods found within this site for the communication of any material that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive.
- You agree not to upload (or attempt to upload) content of any type to this site.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property associated with this site and that you have only a limited right to use this site.
- You acknowledge that the City of Saratoga Springs does not warrant the accuracy or availability of this site.
- You acknowledge that the City of Saratoga Springs is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this site.
- You agree to be bound by the laws applicable in the City of Saratoga Springs, State of New York and The United States of America with respect to your use of this site and you agree are legally responsible for any court proceedings relating to your use of this site.
- You agree to grant the City of Saratoga Springs all ownership and intellectual property rights of the content of any e-mail that you send to the City.
- All information and materials provided on this site are the property of the City of Saratoga Springs. The City retains copyright on all text, graphic images, and other content found on this site. Use of the City logo is prohibited for any non-governmental purpose. Commercial use of text, logos, photos, and other graphics is prohibited without the express written permission of the City of Saratoga Springs. The City of Saratoga Springs reserves all other rights. If you DO NOT agree to ALL of these terms, please log off of this site immediately.
Communication made through e-mail or any other online messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City of Saratoga Springs or any of its officers, employees, agents, or representatives where notice to the City is required by any law, rule, regulation, or contract.
The materials and information contained on or obtained from this web and/or social media site are distributed "as is" without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose. Information contained on the web and/or social media sites, including information obtained form external links thereon, is provided without any representation of any kind as to accuracy or content and should be verified by the user. The City of Saratoga Springs is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the web and/or social media sites, and/or the materials contained on the site. This is the case whether the materials contained on the web and/or social media site are provided by the City of Saratoga Springs, or by a third party. Data contained on the web and social media sites are subject to change without notice. The City’s owned and/or maintained social media sites supervised and controlled by the City. Links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein. The City does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website; does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites or the views they express or the products/services they offer; cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites - users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website; and does not guarantee that external websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
You the User agree to indemnify and hold the City of Saratoga Springs, its departments, elected and appointed officials, employees and agents, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the City’s web and social media sites in violation of this use agreement and/or arising from a breach of this use agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this use agreement and/or any content that you post on, through or in connection with the City’s web and social media sites.
Information published on the City’s web and/or social media sites may be retained by the social media site or search engines that are not within the control and/or legal purview of the City of Saratoga Springs. This may render such information available even after it has been removed from these sites. If information is posted that is incorrect or not in compliance with this policy, it may stay in the public view after it has been removed from the original published location.