Building Department Application Forms
• the first inspection is required prior to covering the ice and water barrier;
• a final inspection is required in order to receive the Certificate of Compliance (CC) and close out the permit.
All applications and plans will be checked for completeness, including code and zoning compliance.
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Building permit applications for projects requiring Land Use Board review will only be accepted after the Notice of Decision is issued with an approval.
Residential permit applications must now include a completed Zoning Compliance Chart.
Each of these activities requires submission of an application, fee, appropriate plans and issuance of a permit prior to any construction. During construction, periodic inspections are required to ensure compliance with the recently adopted family of New York State Building Codes as well as local zoning regulation.
In addition, the Building Department provides assistance to the city's Zoning Board of Appeals and Design Review Commission as necessary.
Permit Applications - Residential
- ACCESSORY STRUCTURE (DETACHED GARAGE, SHED, POOL HOUSE) APPLICATION
- ALT-ADD SINGLE TWO FAMILY TOWNHOME
- BASEMENT FIT-UP REQUIREMENTS
- BLASTING PERMIT APPLICATION
- BUILDING PERMIT EXTENSION APPLICATION
- DECK PERMIT APPLICATION
- DEMOLITION PERMIT APPLICATION
- HOME OCCUPATION APPLICATION
- NEW MANUFACTURED HOUSE MOBILE HOME
- NEW SINGLE -FAMILY TWO-FAMILY RESIDENCE