Senior Advisory Committee
The Saratoga Springs Senior Advisory Committee is a non-political committee, appointed by the Mayor, representing the senior citizens of Saratoga Springs.
Our mission is to have a positive impact on the City of Saratoga Springs and its senior citizens as we work together to accomplish the following:
- Elicit senior concerns, raise awareness, report back to the Mayor, and advocate for solutions to the needs of seniors
- Increase access and mobility for seniors within an age friendly community
- Enhance opportunities for seniors to participate fully in the life of the community
- Advocate for support services for seniors
- Attend meetings of organizations that are of significance to senior issues
- To serve as a liaison between seniors and the Mayor and the members of the City Council
1. Increase communication and interaction with the senior population
- Action Step: Increase the membership of the committee so that it is representative of seniors living in the various neighborhoods of the city.
- Start holding a series of Neighborhood Senior Meetings in 2018. Continue in remaining neighborhoods in 2019, then repeat in 2020 & 2021.
- Action Step: Work through the interfaith clergy Group and others to identify the needsof the home-bound and socially isolated seniors.
- Action Step: Promote awareness of the Senior Advisory Committee through letters t editor, articles press releases, and electronic media.
- Action Step: Coordinate and cooperate with the Senior Center whenever appropriate.
- Action Step: Hold a forum on topics of interest to seniors- citywide.
2. Advocate for the special mobility needs of seniors.
- Action Step: Advocate for a drive-up Mail Box.
- Action Step: Advocate for adequate “Accessible” Parking
- Action Step: Keep abreast of public transportation and special transportation available to seniors.
3. Speak out for our City’s seniors in contact with our county, state, and federal government officials.
- Action Step: Contact relevant public officials, as appropriate, regarding issues of concern to Saratoga Spring’s Seniors.
4. Stay abreast of housing developments in the City that might offer opportunities for senior housing.
- Action Step: Maintain liaison with the Affordable Housing Task Force.
Mary Ellen Ryall
Dolores (Dee) Sarno
Barbara Thomas, Chair
Senior Related Agencies and their Representatives
- Office for the Aging (Saratoga County)
Denise Yannaci - email@example.com
- Saratoga Adult & Senior Center
Lois Celeste - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saratoga Hospital
Senior Advisory Questionnaire:
Questionnaire for those over 60
"Mayor to Host Northside Seniors Meeting May 23"
http://issuu.com/saratogapublishing/docs/st051818_... page 11
“Meeting for Seniors on the Southeast Side of the City”
https://issuu.com/saratogapublishing/docs/st060818_... page 11