CITY HALL ESSENTIAL SERVICES CONTACT INFORMATION:
PUBLIC SAFETY SERVICES
The members of the Saratoga Springs Police department continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 and are working with
the Saratoga Springs Fire Department, the Saratoga County
Department of Health, and City officials to best determine
our response as this situation develops.
• Call your health care provider FIRST if you have any concerns over your health and possible exposure to COVID-19.
• In the event of an emergency, call 911.
Fire Department Non-Emergency:
• Call 518-587-3599.
• Access to administrative reports, including fire incident reports, will be handled via email and/or phone.
• No in-person document requests will be facilitated at Fire Headquarters (60 Lake Ave).
Police Department Non-Emergency
• Call 518-584-1800.
• Members of the public are asked not to come
to the police department to file a report.
• To request copies of an accident report please visit https://buycrash.com/
• To download a police report request form please visit the city website
Please be advised that wait times may be longer than normal.
• Pay your parking tickets online at https://www.saratoga-springs.org/212/Parking-Tickets or
Call 1-800-996-0285 to pay by phone (There will be a $3.50 charge per ticket).
• All station tours, internships, or non-essential programs have been postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
All civilian fingerprinting services have been suspended until further notice.
• For more information, contact Eileen Finneran, Deputy Commissioner of Public Safety, at 518- 265-6485.
PUBLIC WORKS SERVICES
• The DPW workforce is in emergency standby mode.
• Transfer station hours are 8 am-12 pm/noon, Tuesday-Saturday.
• DPW service calls can be made to police dispatch at 518-584-1800.
CITY HALL SERVICES
No in-person services or appointments will be done at this time. All available City Hall services are outlined below.
The main contact for the Accounts Department during these emergency operations is Marilyn Rivers, the Director of Risk and Safety. Marilyn’s cell phone number is (518) 210-3243.
The Accounts Department is operating on a limited regular work schedule during the COVID-19 City Emergency Declaration. There are NO “in person” interactions at this time. Communication is limited to email, mail and cell phone.
Death Certificates: Death certificates will continue to be filed and processed on a daily basis within seventy two (72) hours as required by NYS Law.
Certified Copies: Certified copies for births, deaths and marriages must be requested via the MAIL on a request form with the required fee of Ten dollars ($10.00) per copy.
Please Email Stefanie Richards at Stefanie.email@example.com or Lisa Ribis at firstname.lastname@example.org for your vital record needs including births, marriages and death certified copies.
Invoices may be emailed to email@example.com
Chapter 136 Cabaret, Eating and Drinking, Lodging and Sidewalk Cafe Licensing:
Mail applications and fees for renewal applications. Penalties for late filing will be waived. Email Marilyn.Rivers@Saratoga-Springs.org with questions.
Special Event Applications:
Mail applications and fees. Permits will be issued per NYS Governor Cuomo’s Emergency Directives. Email Marilyn.Rivers@Saratoga-springs.org with your paperwork.
Assessment operations are continuing on a limited basis. Email Tony.Popolizio@Saratoga-Springs.org with your inquiry.
Risk and Safety Issues:
Please call Marilyn Rivers, Director Risk & Safety at 518-210-3243 or Email Marilyn.Rivers@Saratoga-Springs.org with your concerns.
Accounts staff are available by phone during this emergency situation. Please call Marilyn Rivers, Director Risk & Safety at 518-210-3243 for assistance.
• Taxes and Utility Bill payments may be mailed or paid online here:https://www.saratoga-springs.org/419/Property-Tax-Search-Online-Payments
• You may also call the Finance Department at 518-587-3550 x2565. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
• Due to the recent closure of City Hall, payment of taxes cannot be made in person. You have the option to pay online or by mail.
The mailing address is PO BOX 328, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
•You can verify an amount due by visiting the “Make A Payment” tab located at: http://saratoga-springs.org/419/Property-Tax-Search-Online-Payments
Searching by SBL number will provide you a tax history of previous payments made and taxes due.
•If you have any questions please email Laura.Townsend@saratoga-springs.org
• Exam applications are still be accepted.
• Mail the completed application and required exam fee (or fee waiver if you qualify, please visit the website to review the waiver),
to 15 Vanderbilt Ave, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
• Exam dates may or may not be postponed, but applications will still be accepted.
• To see the exams that are currently announced, please visit http://saratoga-springs.org/Jobs.aspx.
• Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
• Mayor’s office staff are available by phone and email during business hours:
• Call us at 518-587-3550 x2520 or Email us at email@example.com
• For more information, contact Lisa Shields, Deputy Mayor, at 518-414-2118.
• Intake of new applications is suspended. The counter is closed to the public.
• Building inspectors are continuing to review permit applications checked-in and accepted into our queue.
• All inspections are suspended until further notice.
Requests for COs, Zoning Compliance Letters and other property records will be processed as soon as possible.
• Intake of new applications is suspended.
• For active Land Use Board applications, staff is reviewing them and working remotely. They are available by phone and email during business hours.
• City Land Use Boards meetings are cancelled until further notice.
• NO in-person registration. Online registration (CLICK HERE) for Spring Soccer and Summer programs are still being accepted.
•City Park playground equipment, basketball courts and all other ‘equipment’ will be closed.
• Recreation Parks are OPEN to the public, but no organized activities will be scheduled and fields will not be scheduled until further notice.
All rental questions should be emailed to the address below. If you plan to use a park,
please follow all NYS and CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19.
• Department staff are working remotely. Please email any questions to Recreservations@saratoga-springs.org.
• DPW (park maintenance staff) is working in emergency standby mode. DPW service calls can be made to police dispatch, 518-584-1800
CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS
• The City Council will hold its regularly scheduled meetings, but the public will not be allowed to attend in person until further notice.
• Email Mayor Kelly’s office with questions or comments that you would like to have entered into the record.