- Mayor's Office
- Building Department
10:00 AM - Noon | 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Submitting a permit application requires Check-In with an Inspector - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - Call Hilary to schedule.
Drop-off of payments, revised plans, insurance ONLY.
Pick-up of permits, when notified by an Inspector.
What to Expect
- Permit applications will be checked-in with a Building Inspector for completeness.
ONLY COMPLETE applications will be received by the office.
- A notification email will be sent to the primary email address at each of these steps in our workflow:
- if you mail your application, when we have received your application
- when your application is complete and has been accepted into the queue
- when your application is picked up for review by an inspector
- Use your Application Number from the notification email to check the status of your application in our queue. This will give you a general idea of how many applications are ahead of yours.
- Inspections can be requested through our online form or
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
by calling 518.587.3550 x2511.
- Submit requests for property records (COs, permits, violations). They will be processed as soon as possible, within the limitations of staff workloads.
NOTE: the majority of property files are no longer onsite and cannot be viewed in person.
ServicesThe Building Department reviews plans, issues permits and provides inspections for the following types of construction:
- Blasting and demolition activities
- Commercial buildings
- New constructions, alterations, repair, renovations, reconstruction, building relocation, and changes in occupancy
- Plumbing installations, septic systems
- Signs, swimming pools, sheds, decks
- Single and multi-family residences and additions
Effective May 12, 2020 the NYS Uniform Code and NYS Energy Code will be updated to the 2020 version.
The State has provided NO transition period for this code change.
The effective date will not change as a result of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
Applications postmarked or accepted on or after May 12, 2020 must comply with the 2020 NYS Code books. Incomplete or inadequate applications will cause delays.
For more information, please visit the Department of State website: