The Saratoga Springs Office of Community Development works to advance the City Council's goals of increasing access to affordable housing, improving the living environment, and expanding economic opportunities for persons of low and moderate income.
The Office of Community Development was created in 1975 to implement City programs funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Since qualifying for Entitlement Grant funds in 1994, the city has utilized these dollars to develop affordable housing, establish residential rehabilitation grant and loan programs, provide funding for public improvement projects in low and moderate income areas of the city, and support a host of legal, education and outreach programs for low and moderate income residents.
Economic Development Revolving Loan Program
The City of Saratoga Springs established the "Economic Development Loan Program" to stimulate job creation for residents of low- and moderate-income. The program helps to subsidize these job opportunities by offering low interest loans/ or loan guarantees to businesses physically located within the City of Saratoga Springs. Read more here.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding Applications
Applications are available during the month of December to those interested in applying to the City of Saratoga Springs for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Entitlement Funds for each program year (July 1 – June 30). These funds are designed to assist activities that address community development needs as prioritized in the city’s Consolidated Plan, and that benefit persons of low and moderate income. Eligible activities may include job creation; affordable housing acquisition, construction and rehabilitation; infrastructure improvements; and other federally eligible activities.
The application submission period for the 2020 program year is now CLOSED. The 2020 Entitlement grant from the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development is expected to be approximately $306,269.
For additional information, please contact the Saratoga Springs Community Development Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org
SEE CDBG 2020 PROGRAM YEAR SUB-GRANTEE APPLICATIONS BELOW
- Mother Susan Anderson - Case Manager
- Legal Aid Society of Northeastern NY - Right Place Project
- Legal Aid Society of Northeastern NY - Homelessness Prevention
- Big Brother Big Sisters of the Capital Region - Mentoring Program
- AlbanyCanCode - Scholarships
- Habitat for Humanity - Jefferson Street Homeownership Project
- City of Saratoga Springs Recreation Department - Camp Saradac Scholarships
- Wellspring - Handicap Accessibility
- Shelters of Saratoga - Low-income Housing Safety Improvements
- Saratoga Senior Center - New Building Pre-construction
- Saratoga Affordable Housing Group - Allen Drive Repairs
- Saratoga Affordable Housing Group - Allen Drive Case Manager
- Rebuilding Together - Low-income Homeowner Home Repair
- Mother Susan Anderson - Chimney and Windows