- Local Laws, Plans & Charter
- Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)
Unified Development Ordinance
The Unified Development Ordinance is the “rule book” for land development in Saratoga Springs. A Unified Development Ordinance, or UDO, combines the City’s Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Regulations, and Stormwater Management Regulations into a single ordinance. The major components of the Unified Development Ordinance are:
1. Zoning Ordinance - Zoning regulates what structures and land are used for, where a structure may locate on a lot, and how big that structure can be.
2. Subdivision Regulations - Subdivision regulations provide the rules for dividing up land into buildable lots and the rules for public improvements that serve those lots.
3. Stormwater Management Regulations - Stormwater management regulations provide standards to control the impacts of land disturbance activities on the City’s water resources and to minimize runoff rates and volumes, soil erosion, and pollution that would otherwise degrade local water quality.
4. Zoning Map and Overlay Districts - The Zoning Map identifies the location of the zoning districts, thereby specifying the land use and development requirements affecting each parcel of land within the City.
The Saratoga Springs Unified Development Ordinance is organized into 21 Articles, each containing information on a specific regulatory category and purpose. The UDO became effective July 15, 2022
This Ordinance is consistent with the adopted Comprehensive Plan. Any amendments to this Ordinance and all development approvals must be consistent and in accordance with the adopted Comprehensive Plan.
- Full UDO
- Article 1. Title Purpose and Applicability
- Article 2. Zoning Districts and Zoning Map
- Article 3. Residential Districts
- Article 4. Mixed-Use andCommercial Districts
- Article 5. Institutional Districts
- Article 6. Industrial Districts
- Article 7. Special Purpose Districts
- Article 8. Uses
- Article 9. On-Site Development Standards
- Article 10. Off-Street Parking and Loading
- Article 11. Landscape
- Article 12. Signs
- Article 13. Land Use Board Applications
- Article 14. Subdivision Approval
- Article 15. Public Improvements
- Article 16. Conservation Design
- Article 17. Stormwater Management
- Article 18. Public Realm
- Article 19. Nonconformities
- Article 20. Enforcement
- Article 21. Definitions and Measurement Methodologies