Hazardous Waste Day
City of Saratoga Springs & NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION DAY
Date: Saturday, October 26, 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m
Location: Weibel Avenue Ice Rink
WHAT IS HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE?
Many home and garden products contain potentially dangerous chemicals that may be disposed of safely. These are usually found in basements, kitchens, garages, storage sheds and bathrooms.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Only City of Saratoga Springs residents can participate and only home-generated hazardous wastes are acceptable. A New York State driver’s license or utility bill shall be required as proof of residency.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE? …Please follow these easy rules:
• All hazardous wastes must be in their original, labeled containers. Tighten caps and lids.
NEVER MIX CHEMICALS
• Sort and pack materials securely in a sturdy cardboard box. Use newspaper or cardboard to keep items from tipping or hitting each other.
• Wrap leaking containers in newspapers and place in plastic bags or a large container.
• Place chemicals that may react with each other in separate parts of the car.
• DO NOT leave products in a hot, unventilated vehicle for an extended period of time.
• DO NOT smoke near chemicals.
• For your safety, please stay in your car. Workers will unload the material.
PAINT: Please note that NO latex paint(s) will ve accepted this year. If you wish to dispose of non-oil-based paints please follow the link below.
Registration for this event is required. To register click the REGISTER NOW button at the bottom of the page. After your registration is received, you will be assigned an appointment time. A confirmation will then be sent to you approximately two weeks before
October 26th, 2019 Please bring that confirmation with you on Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019.
*IMPORTANT - Residents must register by October 11, 2019. This is a well-attended bi-annual event. Applications received after the deadline date will be accommodated on a space-available basis only.
- The Registration Period Has Ended -