The Building Department will begin accepting applications for Master Plumber Certification beginning in December 2019. The process continues as follows:
- The Examining Board of Plumbers will meet to review and qualify applications.
- Written exams will be administered by the Plumbing Inspector for eligible applicants.
- A practical exam will be administered to plumbers who pass the written exam, and the first practical exam is targeted for February 14, 2020.
- The board will meet in March 2020 to certify those plumbers who passed both written and practical tests.
- A subsequent schedule of examinations will be established and published on this page.
- Certification expires on December 31 each year, regardless of when it is issued.
- Certification must be renewed for a fee annually. After January 15, a late fee will apply.
- Application and renewal fees are published on the application form and the City's fee schedule.
Refer to the Plumbing Code for definitions and explanations of administration and enforcement.