Zoning Board of Appeals
About the Board
The Saratoga Springs Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) is a quasi-judicial 7 member citizen board appointed by the Mayor to 7-year staggered terms. State regulations require communities to have a Zoning Board of Appeals to review the following types of requests for waivers from any of the regulations in the zoning ordinance:
- Use Variances: the ZBA reviews requests for relief from existing regulation for changes in density and uses not permitted by current zoning.
- Area Variances: the ZBA reviews requests for dimensional relief from existing regulation relating to building setbacks, building heights, etc.
- Interpretations: the ZBA reviews requests for interpretation of the regulations in the zoning ordinance made by the city's Zoning Enforcement Officer.
The Zoning Board of Appeals also makes referrals for advisory opinions on any matter before the Board to the City Council, the Planning Board, the Design Review Commission, the Recreation Commission and any other body, agency or department in the City.
- Keith Kaplan, Chair
- Brad Gallagher, Vice Chair
- Emily Bergmann
- Terrance Gallogly
- Cheryl Grey
- Matthew Gutch
- Gage Simpson @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>