News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/19/2020 12:50:00 PM to 3/19/2020 12:55:51 PM.
Posted on: March 19, 2020
[ARCHIVED] COVID-19 Update: Limited Availability of Building & Planning Services
What Building & Planning services are available during the State of Emergency?
MAYOR’S DEPARTMENT - No In-Person Appointments or Services
The health and safety of our employees and the public are our first priority, and we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely. We are abiding by the CDC recommendations and the Governor’s orders. Our City Hall workforce is working remotely where possible, although offices remain closed to the public.
- Intake of new applications is suspended. The counter is closed to the public.
- For active permit applications, staff is reviewing them and working remotely. They are available by phone and email during business hours.
- Only inspections approved by the Building Inspector or designee will be scheduled.
- All non-essential inspections will be cancelled and/or suspended.
- This will be very limited to essential projects where no inspection alternative is possible.
- No inspections for occupied residential buildings or assembly spaces.
- All inspection documents / plan revisions / paperwork must be submitted digitally.
- If an inspection is approved, the contractor must provide accommodations for isolation.
- Intake of new applications is suspended.
- For active Land Use Board applications, staff is reviewing them and working remotely. They are available by phone and email during business hours.
- City Land Use Boards meetings are cancelled for at least the next two weeks, until further notice.
HUMAN RESOURCES & CIVIL SERVICES:
- Civil Service will still continue to accept applications during this time via email or mail.
- Refer to the Contact information for Civil Service.
- Office staff are available by phone and email during business hours:
- Lisa Shields, Deputy Mayor, Call 518-414-2118
CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS:
- The City Council will hold its regularly scheduled meetings, but the public will not be allowed to attend in person until further notice.
- Meetings will be live streamed through our website and our Facebook page and recorded for availability in the Agenda Center.
- Email Mayor Kelly’s office with questions or comments they would like to have entered into the record.