Officials from Saratoga County will be hosting a Facebook Live event on Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
From the City:
- Facebook Livestream Mental Health Series: Friday, April 17 • 10-11AM. Dr. Michael Patton, Superintendent of Saratoga Springs Schools, will join us to discuss the challenges that families and administrators face during COVID-19. We encourage interested participants to email questions to Teri.Wilson@Saratoga-Springs.org so we ensure all questions are addressed. Live questions will be accepted during streaming.
FOR MORE FROM THE CITY >>
From Governor Cuomo / New York State:
- New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Rhode Island and Massachusetts will join together to create a multi-state council to get people back to work and restore the economy. We have a regional economy which requires a regional approach. The coordinating group — each state’s governor will be represented by one health expert, one economic development expert and their respective Chief of Staff — will work together to develop a fully integrated regional framework to gradually lift the states’ stay at home orders while minimizing the risk of increased spread of the virus.
- To prevent the spread of the virus, essential workers must have access to appropriate face coverings. I issued an Executive Order directing employers to provide essential workers with cloth or surgical masks free of charge to wear when directly interacting with the public. We will safeguard public health by having those who interact with the public wear appropriate face coverings.
- I will expand eligibility of individuals to conduct antibody tests to help ensure as many New Yorkers as possible have access to antibody testing as the state continues to bring this critical testing to scale. The State previously provided labs with the flexibility to allow more workers to do testing for COVID-19; this executive order expands that authority so the same workers can perform antibody tests.
- Celebrated Italian opera singer Andrea Bocelli gave an Easter performance from the Cathedral of Milan that was seen by over 26 million people around the world — although no one was in attendance in person. Watch his breathtaking performance here.
FOR MORE FROM NY STATE >>
From the County:
FOR MORE FROM THE COUNTY >>